Image 1 of 1
The Blessed Mother Celebration begins at a small chapel on Fedele Road in Tangipahoa Parish and processes to Our Lady of Pompeii Church in Tickfaw. The two-day celebration started in 1927 when The Blessed Mother appeared to Mrs. Sam Spica asking her to build a shrine in her honor. A chapel was built and a replica of the original Mother of Grace statue arrived from Palermo, Italy. Each year on the first Saturday in July, the statue of the Blessed Mother is carried in a solemn procession from the chapel to the church and back again following Mass on Sunday afternoon.